Samsung Launches TecTile Version 3.0
Samsung continues to advance the use of NFC technology in everyday life with the rollout of Samsung TecTile Version 3.0, the latest update to its popular mobile application. The Samsung TecTile 3.0 mobile app provides a variety of new ways to customize Samsung TecTile programmable NFC tags to automatically change features and settings of Samsung Android NFC-enabled devices with a single tap. Priced at $14.99 for a pack of five, TecTile programmable NFC sticker tags are available for purchase now.
- Program multiple actions to a single TecTile – With one tap, a TecTile can perform a series of actions including turning on Bluetooth, launching the Navigation app and calling voicemail when entering a car.
- Customize Profiles – Version 3.0 enables users to turn the notion of a static TecTile on its head. Define preloaded Profiles within the app and program a different TecTile tag to launch each Profile – such as “normal,” “office,” “night” and “car” – allowing for easy toggling between Profiles throughout the day. Groups can also take advantage of Profiles. Rather than program a TecTile to evoke the same actions on every smartphone with every tap, Profiles allow one TecTile to perform customized actions for different users when scanned. For example, within the app, each TecTile user in an office can customize their “meeting” Profile to fit their specific preferences, such as automatically setting the phone to vibrate or silent mode, depending on user choice. Then, program one TecTile in a conference room to automatically launch each user’s unique, custom “meeting” Profile upon tapping. Users can also create and add their own custom Profiles based on daily activities, like “workout,” “gaming” or “TV.”
- Store TecTile tag history – Users can now keep a log of all TecTile tags they program for easy reference.
- Create private TecTile tags – Create private TecTile tags that only the owner’s phone can read. TecTile 3.0 will associate the programmer’s email address to all private TecTile tags and will only allow execution of a TecTile command to the programmer’s device.
- Unlock a previously locked TecTile – A TecTile programmer can unlock a previously locked TecTile, or clear a TecTile without having to overwrite with a new command. This is beneficial for both consumers and commercial users who want to extend the value of their TecTile tags while retaining the secure option to lock a TecTile.
“As the clear leader in NFC-enabled smartphone deployment in the United States, Samsung is committed to developing and advancing this promising mobile technology,” said Kevin Packingham, chief product officer of Samsung Telecommunications America. “Samsung TecTile tags combined with the TecTile 3.0 application simplifies the way consumers interact with their mobile device and greatly enhances the overall user experience.”
Posted by | Wed, Oct 24, 2012 - 10:06 AM