BF3 Armoured Kill DLC Released Together With Another Megapatch
The much anticipated Armored Kill DLC for Battlefield 3 will be released tomorrow, according to the official Battlelog website. However, it's not alone since its developer, DICE, has seen fit to release another huge patch for the game!
As usual, there are hundreds of improvements. For example, weapons have been improved for better balance, "A number of weapons have had their reload timers adjusted to better fit their animations and gameplay balance. For most of these weapons the gameplay timers were slightly out of sync with the actual reload animation, meaning the player could either fire before the animation was done, or had to wait longer than the animation played. Primarily this is a cosmetic change (around 0.1sec); however for a few weapons (M416, F2000, FAMAS, KH2002, MK3A1, JNG90, MG36 QBU-88, SVD, Pecheneg, SCAR-H, AN-94) this should also improve the performance of the weapon."
Other improvements include damage output/range adjustments, misc weapons changes, weapons fixes, vehicle related tweaks and fixes, persistence related tweaks and fixes, UI related tweaks and fixes and miscellaneous tweaks and fixes. The patch is released on all three PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms, with its size ranging from 1.44-2.2GB depending on the platform. The Armored Kill DLC size will range from 1.5-3.2GB depending on the platform. Full details are available at the link below.
- Underslung weapons on the AUG and SCAR-L now properly benefit from the hip accuracy bonus of an attached laser sight.
- The SOFLAM will no longer lock onto your own vehicle if deployed and not immediately activated by the player.
- SCAR-L: Fixed the heavy barrel not increasing recoil when zoomed and standing.
- Corrected some incorrect descriptions of clip sizes and bullet types for weapons added in Close Quarters: M5K, LSAT, and ACW-R
- The PKS-07 is now available on QBB-95
- The M417’s foregrip was incorrectly reducing horizontal recoil by too large an amount. It has been adjusted to be balanced with other foregrips.
- The ACR Foregrip, MG36, QBB-95 and RPK Extended magazines as well as the RPK and SKS Heavy Barrel are now able to be unlocked and equipped in the accessory screen.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect damage for the M320 buck when used with certain attachments.
- MK3A1 now uses flechette rounds instead of Frag rounds in Gun Master mode (in Close Quarters).
Posted by | Mon, Sep 03, 2012 - 08:55 PM