ASRock X79 Extreme11 Motherboard Announced - Intel X79 Gets Refresh
ASRock announced the X79 Extreme11 motherboard this morning, which just happens to be the companies flagship motherboard for the Intel X79 chipset. This board is loaded up with new features like PLX PEX 8747 bridges that let this board to run multi-GPU 4-Way SLI/CrossFireX in full x16 PCIe 3.0 speed, 8 SATA3/SAS ports (sourced from LSI SAS2308 controller) support LSI MegaRAID, delivering 3.8 GB/s high transfer speed in RAID 0 mode, Creative Sound Core3D 7.1 CH HD Audio brings astonishing sound experience to user. ASRock did not give a price for this board, but we expect it to be over $400 as the ASRock X79 Extreme9 has an MSRP of $359.99.
- Premium Gold Caps (2.5 x longer life time), 100% Japan-made high-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors
- Supports Digi Power, 24 + 2 power phase design, Dual-Stack MOSFET
- Supports Quad Channel DDR3 2500+(OC)
- Supports Dual-Stack MOSFET (DSM)
- 7 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots, supports AMD 4-Way CrossFireX, NVIDIA 4-Way SLI
- Creative Sound Core3D 7.1 CH, Supports Premium Headset Amplifier, THX TruStudio PRO
- Broadcom PCIE Dual LAN with Teaming Function
- 8 USB 3.0 (4 Front, 4 Back), 2 SATA3 (from Intel X79), 8 SAS/SATA3 (from LSI SAS2308)
- Supports XFast 555, OMG, Internet Flash, Easy RAID Installer, UEFI System Browser, Interactive UEFI
- Free Bundle : 1 x Front USB 3.0 Panel, 1 x Rear USB 3.0 Bracket, CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial, MAGIX Multimedia Suite
“Full to the brim” is a bit of an understatement. ASRock X79 Extreme11 is a slot-happy motherboard, equipping with 7 PCIe 3.0 x16 slots, supporting up to 4-Way SLI/CrossFireX multi-GPU settings. To control them well, ASRock also employs the service of two PLX PEX 8747 chips to supply enough extra PCIe lanes to support everything. With the extra PLX silicon, users can run a four-card SLI/CrossFireX setup at full x16 PCIe 3.0 speed simultaneously. The X79 Extreme11 is a premium motherboard using luxury material, applying high-class specification. ASRock X79 Extreme11 provides 10 SATA3 ports, 8 of which are SAS ports sourced from LSI SAS 2308 controller. Via LSI MegaRAID utility, users can get high transfer speed 3.8 GB/s through 8 SSDs in RAID 0 mode. Another added bonus is the Hardware RAID support. This really benefits users to fine tune their rig effortlessly.
Posted by | Fri, Jul 13, 2012 - 06:39 AM