Spire Introduces Nano Tech Bearing Fan Series
Spire today introduced a new fan series uses Nano-ceramic precision bearings for a more silent, reliable and durable cooling fan. Traditional fans with oil seal bearings have serious wear with a relatively short service life as the bearings can easily overheat which results the impeller jamming and the pcb melting. Fans with nano-ceramic bearings are made from namo-zirconia powder as main material and a collocating special nano-particles lubricant to guarantee an exponentially longer life. The average service life is more than 70,000 HRS. Spire says the new Nanobearing fans will be available soon with prices starting at $12.99 or EURO 9.95.
- Bearing, nano-ceramic composite (proprietary) material
- Less friction, easy start up
- Silent (less noise than sleeve- and ball-bearing)
- Lower start voltage at 3.8V+ where generic fans start from 5V+
- New fan blade and impeller design for better air pressure
- Longer life time, 70.000 up to 80.000 life hours
- 4 PIN PWM (2510) connector
- Easy remove and dust cleaning of fan motor and impeller
- Removable soft anti -vibe corners ( silicon rubber material )
The Nano-bearings are considerably quieter than Ball-bearings (2-3dBA) and they are also far easier to assemble. Another advantage is that the impeller's centre can be much smaller, which means that the fan blades can be made larger which increase the air flow. Spire Nano-bearing fans are equipped with soft antivibration corners that can easily be removed if required for custom fitting. For example when building into the front of a chassis with limited space, just pull out the rubber corners and mount the fan with standard self-tapping screws. These Nano-bearing fans are available with PWM and/or LED in blue or red colors.
Posted by | Mon, Jun 18, 2012 - 09:07 AM