Kingston Digital Ships Next-generation Data Center PCIe SSD
Fountain Valley, CA – March 7, 2017 – Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping Data Center PCIe 1000 SSD (DCP1000). DCP1000 SSD is a Flash-based data center technology solution that aggregates four 8-channel controllers together to deliver up to 1.25 million IOPS from a single SSD. It can help IT professionals easily and economically scale performance and increase storage capacity in data centers without replacing an entire server infrastructure. DCP1000 SSD is currently shipping in the U.S. only.
The PCIe-based NVMe Gen. 3.0 x8 SSD is targeted toward high-performance data center applications such as database optimization, online transaction processing (OLTP), software defined storage, virtual desktop infrastructure and virtualization. Organizations that engage in high-performance computing (HPC) where workloads are compute and data intensive will benefit from the 7GB/s throughput and high IOPS that the solution delivers. Additionally, DCP1000 SSD delivers high sequential performance so it’s the perfect drive for industries that push out large amounts of streaming data.
DCP1000 SSD is a result of a close engineering partnership with Liqid Inc., a provider of on-demand composable infrastructure (CI) platforms, enabling hyperscale agility at any scale. It will be demonstrated in Liqid’s booth (booth #A13) during this year’s Open Compute Project U.S. Summit 2017 (OCP) March 8-9 in Santa Clara, Calif.
“We are proud to introduce the next generation of PCIe storage and performance for data centers with our new DCP1000 PCIe NVMe SSD,” said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. “This drive is a game changer among data center technology solutions. DCP1000 SSD enables IT professionals to quickly and economically scale and improve performance without replacing an entire storage system or server infrastructure.”
“Working with the world-class engineering team at Kingston has been an honor, and we are very pleased to be able to introduce the lightning fast, Liqid-powered DCP1000 SSD to the market,” said Sumit Puri, VP, Marketing, Liqid. “As data demand continues to increase year over year, DCP1000 SSD gives enterprise organizations the ability to better manage resources and scale quickly at the speed of business.”
DCP1000 SSD features hardware-based pFail, next-gen. ECC data protection, advanced error correction and advanced device monitoring. It is backed by a limited 5-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
DCP1000 SSD Features & Specifications:
- Extreme data center SSD performance: DCP1000 features ultra-fast PCIe Gen 3.0 x8, making it ideal for data centers requiring extreme performance.
- Outperforms legacy architectures: DCP1000 delivers impressive performance with an ultra-low transactional latency.
- High capacity: With up to 3.2TB1, DCP1000 is a high-capacity NVMe solid-state drive.
- Power failure protection: DCP1000 offers enterprise-class power failure protection to maximize uptime.
- Form factor: Half Height Half Length PCIe (AIC)
- Interface: Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe™) PCle Gen 3.0 x8 Lanes
- Capacities1: 800GB, 1.6TB, 3.2TB
- Sequential Read/Write2:
800GB: 6,800 / 5,000MB/s
1.6TB: 6,800 / 6,000MB/s
3.2TB: 6,800 / 6,000MB/s
- Steady-State Random 4k Read/Write2:
800GB: 900,000 / 145,000 IOPS
1.6TB: 1,100,000 / 200,000 IOPS
3.2TB: 1,000,000 / 180,000 IOPS
- Latency: (Typical) Read/Write 100us / 30us3
- Endurance: Terabytes Written (Whole Drive)4
- Endurance: Terabytes Written
- Enterprise SMART tools: reliability tracking, usage statistics, life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
- Power Consumption: 35W (Active)
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Recommend Airflow: 35°C at 500LFM or 40°C at 600LFM
- Dimensions: 168mm x 69mm x 18mm (exclude mounting bracket)
- Weight: 209g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Power Loss Protection: Yes
- MTBF: 2 million hours
- Warranty/support6: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
- Operational Environments: Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10, Windows® Server 2012 R2, Windows® 7 and Windows® Server 2008 R2 via updates or Hotfix driver download, Linux Kernel 3.3 and higher, FreeBSD 10.x/11, VMware vSphere 6.0 (vSphere 5.5 as download driver)
DataTraveler PCIe 1000 SSD Part Numbers Part Number Capacity SEDC1000H 800GB SEDC1000H 1.6TB SEDC1000H 3.2TB
1 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/ flashguide.
2 Performance varies by capacity. Combined performance measured across (4) physical drives. Based on Kingston internal testing using SNIA Solid State Storage Test Specification Enterprise v1.1.
3 Average latency measured using FIO v2.15, 4KB random I/O at queue depth 1.
4 The total endurance of (4) physical drives.
5 Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Enterprise Workload (JESD219A).
6 Limited warranty based on 5 years or SSD “Life Remaining” which can be found using the Kingston SSD Manager (kingston.com/SSDManager). A new, unused product will show a wear indicator value of one hundred (100), whereas a product that has reached its endurance limit of program erase cycles will show a wear indicator value of one (1). If the usage of one or more of the four (4) individual M.2 SSDs that make up the DCP1000 shows a wear indicator value of one (1) the product is no longer covered under warranty. 1). See kingston.com/wa for details
Liqid delivers unprecedented infrastructure agility, marking the next evolution in data center technology. As a global leader in Composable Infrastructure (CI), Liqid’s open platform allows users, either manually or through policy-based automation, to effortlessly manage and configure “physical,” bare-metal server systems in seconds. Liqid’s software and hardware work in harmony allowing users, for the first time, to configure their physical server infrastructure on-the-fly. In this way, Liqid enables organizations to adapt to technological and business changes in real time and fully maximize opportunities in today’s digital economy. For more information, contact the Liqid team email@example.com or visit www.liqid.com. Follow Liqid on Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visitwww.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.