Legit Cooling Reviews
Phanteks PH-TC14CS C-Type CPU Cooler Review
|Date:||Thu, Jul 05, 2012 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Shane Higgins -|
Our First Updraft Floating Balance HSF
Phanteks come on the scene with their PH-TC14PE, just rolls of the tongue doesn’t it, and made a lot of buzz because it topped the charts on many review sites giving long standing kings of cooling like the Noctua NH-D14 and run for their money. It had a down side, its size. The PH-TC14PE was just flat out massive.
This time around Phanteks has sent us their newest cooler the PH-TC14CS, a ‘C’ shape down draft cooler that sports dual 140mm fans. The PH-TC14CS sports a lot of the same features as the PH-TC14PE did with the P.A.T.S. and C.P.S.C. coatings on the cooling fins, as well as multiple color choices.
Phanteks add a couple new features to the list for the PH-TC14CS though. The most noticeable is the addition of the color black to the lineup. The other new feature is the addition a PWM adaptor for the fans. The fans themselves are not PWM, so instead of redesigning the PH-F140 fan Phantek’s created an inline adaptor to add in the PWM function.
The PH-F140 fan is rather quiet running at 19.6dBA pushing 88.6CFM. With the new PWM adapter that changes to 13.4 to 19dBA pushing 45.1 to 78.1CFM. So with the PWM function you lose about 10CFM on the high end, but with the system at idle the sound is pretty well silent. Since the adapter is user installed this makes the PWM function user selectable.
Features of Phanteks PH-TC14CS
- Patented P.A.T.S (Physical Antioxidant Thermal Shield) will greatly increase the cooling performance and reliability while deflecting other thermal radiation from other heat sources, such as the GPU, South Bridge, North Bridge, etc. P.A.T.S, ran at a long period, will display significantly better results in an enclosure, closed environment, than a tech station, open environment. In extreme conditions, PATS is able to withstand temperatures of up to 200 degrees Celcius. P.A.T.S is environmental friendly and non-toxic.
- Patented C.P.S.C (Cold Plasma Spraying Coating Technology) is a brand new technologic forming deposit that displaces heat onto corresponding metals at a quicker rate. With this technology, the Phanteks PH-TC14PE enhances thermal conductivity on the soldered surfaces of the heat-pipes through the copper deposits.
- Phanteks PH-F140 premium 140mm fans uses Updraft Floating Balance (U.F.B) bearing, nine Maelstrom Vortex Booster (M.V.B) blades, to achieve massive airflow and perfect dynamic balance. to reduce noise level, the fan emits a low dBA with the support of the acoustic rubber damper and rubber-bar to help eliminate vibration.
- The SoliSku universal mounting kit provides an easy-to-install rotational backplate for Intel LGA 2011/1155/1156/11366/775. AMD FM1/AM2/AM2+/AM3 (stock backplate required ).
- The PH-NDC is a superb quality thermal compound for heatsinks. It is made of high-purity nano diamond like particles to improve the thermal conductance between components. The generated heat caused by the CPU will transfer to the heatsink, without reduction in efficiency and resistance.
Specifications of Phanteks PH-TC14CS
- Model: PH-TC14CS_BK
- Intel: LGA 2011, 1155,1156, LGA 1366, LGA775
- AMD: FM1/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2 ( stock backplate required )
- Color: Black
- Copper ( Base and 8mm x 5 Heat-pipes), Nickel Plated.
- Alum. ( Cooling Fins / Top Cover) with Patented P.A.T.S (Physical Anti-Oxidant Thermal Shield) to increase cooling performance. Patented C.P.S.C Technology ( Cold Plasma Spraying Coating Technology ) to enhance thermal conductivity.
- Model: PH-F140 Premium Fan with PWM Adapter.
- Fan Size: 140x140x25 , Dual Fan
- Bearing Type: UFB bearing ( Updraft Floating Balance bearing )
- Blade Geometry: 9 colored Blades with MVB ( Maelström Vortex Booster) Design
- RPM: 1300 RPM ± 10%
- Max Air Flow: 88.6 CFM
- Max Air Pressure: 1.37 mm H2O
- Acoustical Noise: 19.6 dBA
- RPM with PWM adaptor: 700-1200 RPM ± 10%
- Max Air Flow with PWM adaptor: 45.1CFM-78.1 CFM
- Max Air Pressure with PWM adaptor: 0.45 mm H2O – 1.21 mm H2O
- Acoustical Noise with PWM adaptor: 13.4-19 dBA
- Input Power: 2.8W --Current (Ampere): 0.24A
- Rate Voltage: 12V --MTBF: > 150,000 hr.
- Heatsink Dimension (LxWxH)
- without fan: 143.8x140x112 mm
- Single Fans: 160x151x112mm
- Dual Fans: 160x151x140.5 mm
- Heatsink Weight
- without fan: 600g
- with single fan: 750g
- with dual fan: 900g
- Scope of Delivery
- 1x PH-TC14CS Heatsink
- 2x PH-F140 Premium fan, (Maelström Air Fort Optimization drive)
- PH-F140 Fan accessory
- 4 x rubber bar, 8x fan clip adaptor, 4x fan wire clip
- SoliSku mounting kits for Intel LGA 2011, 1155/1156/1366/775 and AMD FM1/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2 ( stock backplate required )
- 1x PWM external adaptor (Pulse Width Modulation, P.W.M. )
- 1x Y Fan Splitter
- 1x PH-NDC Thermal Compound
- 1x Hex Wrench
- Phanteks PH-TC14CS User’s manual
- Warranty: 5 Years
Next Page - Unboxing the PH-TC14CS
Page 1 - Our First Updraft Floating Balance HSF
Page 2 - Unboxing the PH-TC14CS
Page 3 - Looking Closer at the Phanteks PH-TC14CS
Page 4 - Installing the Phanteks PH-TC14CS
Page 5 - Legit Reviews Intel Core i7-3960X Test System
Page 6 - Temperature Testing Results
Page 7 - Final Thoughts of the Phanteks PH-TC14CS